This week, City Library is excited to unveil the new and improved City Research Online (CRO), the open access repository showcasing research by City staff and research students.
With a modern up to date image consistent with City’s webpages, the newly revamped platform, created by the Publications team, is designed for improving discoverability and accessibility of City’s research publications, for both the academic community and the public at large.
Exciting new changes to CRO include :
- Easy access search tabs by City School for quick access to the right subject
- Simplified University Structure and departmental breakdown for ease of navigation
- Quick reference information on REF2021 and Open Access for City Staff
- Links to City Research Online library guides for more detailed open access information
If you need help
If you need help with navigating CRO, or have any questions about open access, contact the Publications Team who will be happy to answer your questions.
What is Act on Acceptance?
From 1st April 2018, changes to HEFCE’s open access policy require researchers to submit their work to City Research Online within 3 months of acceptance to be eligible for the next REF.
As soon as you know your research will be published in a peer-reviewed journal, or conference proceedings, Act on Acceptance and make your research open access.
What do you have to do?
- Upload your publications to your Publications profile as soon as possible after they have been accepted for publication.
- Make sure it’s the accepted manuscript and not the published version: the accepted version is peer-reviewed but not typeset for publication.
What happens next?
The Publications Team will check your deposits to make sure they are compliant with the HEFCE policy, and the publishers’ terms and conditions regarding copyright and embargo periods. Once these checks are complete, they will make them available in the City Research Online repository.
What if you need help?
If you need help with depositing papers, or have questions about the open access policy, you can consult the City Research Online and Publications library guides.
Alternatively, you can contact the Publications Team who will:
- Answer enquiries by telephone and email.
- Meet with you in one to one appointments.
- Help you understand the HEFCE open access policy.
- Help you upload your papers to your publications profile.
City Research Online (CRO) is the institutional repository of City University London. It includes full text versions and bibliographic records of research outputs created by members of staff and research students at City. City Research Online’s mission is to:
- Provide open access to full text research, as permitted by publishers and copyright law.
- Be a reliable source of information on the research publications of City staff.
- Share openly its information with internal and external services, such as other areas of City’s web presence, Google, Bing, Google Scholar and other web services and search engines.
- Please see http://libguides.city.ac.uk/openaccess for more information.
This area of the website contains information on CRO for users. If you do not find what you need in these pages, please contact us for further help.