Web of Knowledge enhancements 2013
Enhanced Author search
There are 3 search options for retrieving papers associated with an author name
1. Select ‘Author’ from the Web of Science search menu
2. Use the Author Search Tool This allows selection of the research domain and institution
3. Search for papers using the Author Identifier (ResearcherID or OCID).
This the ability to search by an organization name that has been unified for the most comprehensive and specific search results.
Why is it important?
Without this functionality, a user would need to create elaborate search queries to collect all associated branches and alternate spellings of the organization.
By unifying the records, organization enhanced searching allows the user to browse a directory of organizations and their associated variants via the Preferred Organization Name Thesaurus search aid.
Create Alert/ RSS
This is now easier and possible across all Web of Knowledge databases on the results summary page. There is a button available on the results page.
This is a community of over 270K researchers, at various points in their careers and covering different industries. It is free to use.
Benefits of ResearcherID
• View professional information (current, joint and past affiliations, role, expertise, WebPages, name variants)
• View author level Citation Metrics (Times Cited)
• H index
• Search for collaborators
• View author collaboration network
• View author impact network
A free app Scan, Search and Save Scholarly Literature Available from the Apple App Store .